Look no further for perfect curls the healthy and natural way!
What is the “Curly Girl Method?”
If you follow curly girls on Instagram, you’ve probably come across the term “Curly Girl Method” and the hashtag #cgmethod. In fact, many of our own valued #EVOLVhers, such as @holisticenchilada and @wavyhair_skincare to name a few, swear by this special set of hair care tips to keep their natural curls in tip-top shape. With the help of EVOLVh products of course!
The Essential Tips:
1. Eliminate the use of shampoos containing sulfates, non-water-soluble silicones, alcohol, and fragrance.
Our SmartCurl Hydrating Wash is just the answer >
2. Begin to use conditioner to cleanse your hair instead of shampoo (we’ve mentioned co-washing for curls before and for good reason) - or opt for more gentle shampoos without sulfates (like ours!).
Check out our conditioners here >
3. Rinse your hair in cold water at the end of each shower to close the cuticles and lock in moisture. This is a great tip for ALL hair types, actually.
4. Avoid prolonged use of heat styling tools. Trust us, if you follow these tips you won’t need em! If you do use styling tools, remember to use a leave-in conditioner with built in heat protection.
5. Switch out you regular terry towel (which is too harsh for your delicate tresses) for an old cotton t-shirt, microfiber towel, or a towel specifically made for curly hair.
6. Allow your hair 2-6 weeks to adjust to the Curly Girl Method. Thank us later!
The Rules For Each Curl Type:
Wavy girls: Cleanse once a week. Leave some conditioner in your hair after rinsing. Apply any styling products while your hair is slightly damp. Use scrunching motions with your hands to encourage your curls to form. Let air-dry or diffuse, but only until hair is about 80% dry.
Curly girls: Co-wash (rinse with water and conditioner) once every 10 or so days. Leave some conditioner in your hair after rinsing. Apply any styling products while your hair is still wet. Let air-dry or diffuse, but only until hair is about 80% dry. Once your hair is fully dry, flip over and fluff it up from underneath to create volume.
Coily girls: Co-wash (rinse with water and conditioner) once every 10 or so days. Let the conditioner soak in for 15 minutes while your hair is wrapped, and apply heat for extra absorption. Rinse out the conditioner completely so there’s no visible film left over. Apply any styling products while your hair is still wet. Let air-dry or diffuse, but only until hair is about 80% dry.
WonderBalm Magic For Curls: The first silicone-free (and fragrance-free) product of its kind with performance that will amaze - soft, touchable curls with brilliant frizz-free shine and absolute weightlessness.
UltraRepair Reconstructing Masque: An intensive and highly effective treatment for smoothing coarse, curly, or frizz-prone hair, protecting it from breakage, dehydration, tangles and split ends. It’ll bring your curls back to life!
Comments will be approved before showing up.