GIVE $20 , GET $20
Bye Bye Dry (Hair)
A case of dry hair is not exactly hard to spot… you’ll likely notice over time, or just one day, that your hair feels rough, is on its best misbehavior, doesn’t do what you direct it to do, is dull, and may even break due to extreme dryness. Not only do you struggle to achieve the hair look and styles you want, but there’s a good chance that you’ll experience some or all of the below side effects of dry hair.
Tell-Tale Signs Of Dry Hair
1. Breakage – your hair is brittle, fragile limp, or sticky.
2. No flexibility – we call that elasticity. Elasticity gives you the ability to manipulate, aka style your hair.
3. Coarse & rough texture – healthy hair should be soft and shiny. If you’re struggling with brushing or combing your hair, and/or it feels like straw– it is at risk for damage.
4. Hair rougher than usual – if it tangles easily, or seems weak or dry, it is dehydrated. Split ends and an inability to hold your heat style are symptoms of dehydrated hair (usually due to excess exposure to chemical treatments and hot tools).
5. Scalp feels itchy or dry – this is due to a lack of moisture and possibly some buildup that needs a thorough yet gentle cleanse.
Proven Solutions For Dry Hair
We can’t control our environments or the climate (long cold winters or extreme dry desert heat, for instance), but there are steps that each and every person can take on a daily basis to reduce potential dryness.
1. Shampoo less often – if you’re a daily washer, try every other day and/or a co-wash (skip the shampoo and just use conditioner so you don’t strip your hair of its natural oils as frequently and add moisture back in).
2. Always choose a hydrating conditioner designed for your hair type.
3. Don’t skip a moisturizing leave-in conditioner as a follow up to your shower. Look for low pH high-quality natural ingredients that will add hydration and seal your cuticle to retain moisture. Our leave-ins also provide heat and UV protection as an added bonus to combat dryness and damage.
4. Use a high moisture mask or treatment regularly to heal your hair and help prevent future damage. The amino and fatty acids in our UltraRepair Reconstructing Masque work together to not only impart hydration down to the core of each strand, but also provide the elasticity and pliability that dryness depletes from your hair.
TOOL & PROCESS TIPS
1. Combs are your friend – hair is at its most vulnerable when it’s wet, so wet tresses should only be handled with a wide tooth comb (much more gentle than a brush).
2. Try to use hot tools as infrequently as possible and avoid using them on consecutive days.
3. For frequent brushers – try to reduce your brush time.
4. Color & chemical process lovers – try to extend the time between services. Your hair will thank you as both of these strip your hair of its natural oils.
Patience Is A Virtue
Well-formulated moisture and repair masks will give you immediate results as far as softness and shine, but truly reducing and eliminating dryness may take several weeks before you experience significant change. Just remember – it took a collection of actions and time to end up with dry hair, so it will take some time, patience, and the right steps to reverse that damage and get back to healthy hydrated hair that feels good and looks great.
Check out our limited-time-only Dry Hair Rescue Kit >